Living in Phnom Penh: Random-ness #1
I’ve been thinking of starting a ‘random things’ post for my blogs for a long time already. But the procrastinator in me just keeps me from doing so. But since were half-way through the year and I want to have at least one thing off my ‘new year’s resolution – to do list’ then I’m starting this now. Be forewarned, though, I think my random-ness posts would be a lot more personal and messy compared to my other posts. This would be where I’ll be blurbing about things that come and go on my mind. Of course, mostly things I experience everyday, things I observe and whatnot…
- I did a huge load of laundry today coz it’s drizzling. Yes, I’m weird like that. And now I’m crossing my fingers and hoping it won’t smell bad. Lol.
- Yesterday, I met my Phnom Penh friends, Sreisaat and Mumsified. And I suddenly think I do miss them. You know I’m not exactly very social, and coupled with loads of things I have to do, I’m always left with no time to see friends. So it was great to see them.
- I dropped by IBC bookstore and I ended up buying another pile of notebooks. I seriously don’t know what to do with them except that I looooove notebooks. Oh well, maybe I should start writing down project ideas on one.
- I also went to the wet market with the intention of buying vegetables. But I ended up buying fish, eggs and pork. No sign of greens. I guess I have to go back again tomorrow?
- Need to go and book our tickets to Ho Chi Minh. Well be spending the Pchum Benh holidays there. And oh I really have to search for a hotel. Any recommendations? And I would prefer a nice hotel near Ben Than Market.
- Saturday and Sunday well be visiting several wats and making our offerings.
- And oh, I really really love Khmer iced tea. It doesn’t taste a bit like our usual ‘lemon iced tea’ which is yummy but I know its all just sugar and artificial flavoring. The Khmer iced tea though is made from freshly brewed tea with a twist of lemon + lots of ice.